As a key member of the Platform Operations team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day event monitoring and incident management of our leading-edge server, network, and application infrastructure.
You will also provide critical second-line customer support capability, not just for our products, but also for the wider group.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring network infrastructure, datacentre environments, and applications to ensure stability and management of the platforms
- Investigation and provide first response to any issues that arise
- Provide industry-leading, responsive IT support to the full breadth of our internal/external customers and partner base – via our ticket system, phone, and any other media necessary
- Ensuring that necessary escalations to the Operations, Engineering, and Development Teams are effective and responses are within Service Level Agreements
- Continuous improvement to identify repeat issues and work with the Operations, Engineering, and Development Teams to identify permanent resolutions
- Work with teams across Europe to provide support and operational management for group products
NOTE: This role operates a 4-on, 4-off shift pattern of 12-hour shift (2 days & 2 nights)
What experience do I need?
This is a Junior, entry-level role to a career in IT Operations. We need you to have some familiarity with the core technology we work with (see below) but if you will demonstrate to us that you have the desire and capability to develop your skills in this area then we will invest in you, providing the training and opportunities for you to advance your career.
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux server operating systems
- A basic understanding of virtualization i.e. Hyper-V/KVM
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills
- Experience with dealing directly with customers, and providing a high level of technical support
- Ability to work with accuracy and demonstrate confidence in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication skills – in writing emails & telephone communications
- Demonstrable willingness to learn and apply new technology
Anything else to know?
In addition to a supporting and collaborative work environment, we acknowledge that there is more to work than, well work! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to support your health, mental well-being, and work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth and development with tailored development plans to grow your personal and professional development within the company.
Benefits include (but by no means limited to):
- Hybrid and flexible working options
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life assurance
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Free soft drinks, fruit, and excellent coffee are available in our multiple break rooms
And of course the fun stuff! When you spend so much time with your colleagues we want to make sure you have the benefit of social events, summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.
Put in your application now for consideration and don’t hesitate to reach out if you want to learn more.
If your application is suitable a member of the recruitment team will reach out to you for an initial call and let you know what to expect next.
We are looking forward to hearing from you