Can you produce systems that provide high quality and genuinely useful services for customers?
Do you want to work collaboratively on internal systems that support everything behind the scenes as well?
We're looking for a Software Developer to join the team and do just that.
At Fasthosts, our focus is our customers' success, so everything we do is highly automated so that we can be as efficient and effective as possible. We're looking for someone talented, motivated and willing to learn whilst bringing their own expertise and experience to the table. If that's you, then it sounds like you fit the bill and we definitely want to hear from you!
As a Software Developer at Fasthosts you will...
- Deliver successful software development projects as part of an experienced team
- Build the latest generation of products for our customers, such as cloud and internet facing services
- Build large scalable solutions using a wide range of modern technologies
- Design solutions that fit in with our system architecture
- Implement non-functional requirements as part of overall design and delivery
- Perform and automate lifecycle management activities
We are offering a hybrid working model to provide the work/life balance that we have all come to appreciate, with the support and equipment to ensure you have everything you need to work effectively. Coupled with a competitive salary and great benefits, Fasthosts is a great place to work!
What experience do I need?
You might be a senior developer looking for the next big challenge, for example project leadership on large and scalable systems, with responsibility for solution design and architecture; or you may be a developer that's working towards this and are looking for somewhere new to continue that journey - at Fasthosts we invest in our staff so if you can bring the relevant grounding and the right attitude then we want to hear from you.
- Previous Software Development experience with a strong grounding in OO programming and core principle
- A willingness to take ownership of the challenges given to you and produce the best engineering solutions to solve them
- Modern working practices like containerisation, virtualisation, CI/CD workflows and agile would be beneficial but not essential - we provide the opportunity to upskill and diversify your skillset
Anything else to know?
In addition to a supporting and collaborative work environment, we acknowledge that there is more to work than, well work! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to support your health, mental wellbeing and work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth and development with tailored development plans to grow your personal and professional development within the company.
Benefits include (but by no means are limited to):
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life assurance
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Free soft drinks, fruit, and excellent coffee are available in our multiple break rooms.
Put in your application now for consideration and don’t hesitate to reach out if you want to learn more.
If your application is suitable a member of the recruitment team will reach out to you for an initial call and let you know what to expect next.
We are looking forward to hearing from you