We are looking for an experienced frontend web developer to join our outstanding UI team of both passionate and skilled Developers and Designers. They develop and maintain world-class websites and user interfaces while taking pride in their work and making a real impact to the company.
In this role, you will maintain our Sales Website and assist in building the user interfaces of our Customer Control Panel, working closely with our development and marketing teams as well as project managers and product owners throughout the business. Responsibilities include:
- Taking user interface and webpage designs and converting them into functional working builds
- Ensuring relevant modern standards are used
- Conducting your own developer testing of builds to make sure they look and behave as designed
- Building responsive emails
Fasthosts is a technology company with extremely strong and broad technology competencies and our Development teams are made up of great people! When you work with us, you will work with a friendly, supportive, and highly knowledgeable group of people with experience across a variety of stacks, with people who embody a Tech forward mentality, and you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and progressive projects.
The Team and you
Our team operates in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Everyone takes ownership of their individual work and learning, while benefitting from a great team spirit where everyone works together to support, collaborate and learn. How do we do this?... We have daily standups (video or in office), regular chats to support and collaborate, and importantly a leadership team that identifies the value in what each individual employee so not only can you extend your skillset, but you can do so in a nurturing and sociable atmosphere. In our development teams, you will never feel isolated – help will always be available.
Out of hours we have various clubs, from fitness to board games. Many of our members take part in lunch-time fitness activities, and our gamers often run LAN parties. We’re based in a great up-and-coming location with recent significant commercial developments.
Working with us is a great opportunity to join a technology-led company – a chance to learn from some of the best in the industry.
What experience do I need?
We want you to be a problem solver, someone who wants to work as a valued team member and be an active participant in the success of our organisation.
You will have…
- An excellent aesthetic and user-focused mindset with an eye for detail
- A passion for front-end development with a focus on performance and standards
- Your own opinions and ideas about front-end development and will share those ideas with your peers
- A good awareness of industry trends that will help the team continually improve
- A good understanding of usability and UX principles
- Experience of Responsive design and build
The rest of this we can teach you, but if you have this experience already then you can develop this even further!
- Experience with Vue, React or Angular
- Adobe software suite
- UI and UX design
- Modern source control
Anything else to know?
We acknowledge that there is more to work than, well work! We offer a comprehensive benefits package to support your health, mental wellbeing and work/life balance. We also encourage individual growth and development with tailored development plans to grow your personal and professional development within the company.
Benefits include (but by no means are limited to):
- Hybrid and flexible working options
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare and Life assurance
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Free soft drinks, fruit, and excellent coffee are available in our multiple break rooms.
And of course the fun stuff! When you spend so much time with your colleagues we want to make sure you have the benefit of social events, summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.
We also take the environment seriously, with Data Centres powered solely with renewable energy (wind and biofuel), and plastic free office environments we are always seeking ways to reduce our carbon footprint and energy consumption.
Put in your application now for consideration and don’t hesitate to reach out if you want to learn more.
If your application is suitable a member of the recruitment team will reach out to you for an initial call and let you know what to expect next.
We are looking forward to hearing from you