Our own UK-based data centres
You can be 100% confident that Fasthosts technology delivers the reliability, security and performance you need to bring your projects to life. Since our inception in 1999, we’ve continuously invested in our multimillion pound data centre infrastructure. Whatever the size of your business or organisation, we take every possible step to ensure your website, email and other online services can always be relied upon.
Based in Gloucester, our two state-of-the-art data centres house thousands of web and mail servers, operating at full potential and maintained 24/7 by our team of expert engineers. The latest technology is available in the form of powerful Windows, Linux and Exchange mail servers, with all major scripting languages and database solutions supported. Plugged directly to the backbone of the internet, every server enjoys a fully redundant Tier 1 connection, providing unrivalled connectivity to ensure customers never experience slowdown or service interruptions.
ISO 27001 certification
Fasthosts data centres have been accredited with the ISO 27001 certificate – an international standard given to data centres that reach the top-level of security, safety and compliance. This certificate ensures that our network, people and processes meet the industry best-practices of physical and logical security.
The safest place for your data
Our data centres provide maximum security, with access strictly limited to cleared personnel and monitored by extensive CCTV and access control systems. We’ve put in place a comprehensive range of physical security measures to guarantee the safety of your data.
- CCTV covering all areas of the data centres and corporate offices
- Highly experienced security guards on duty 24/7, 365 days a year
- Role-based access control swipe-card system across multiple secure areas to ensure absolutely no access by unauthorised personnel
Climate controlled environment
We employ extensive environmental controls to make sure our servers max out their potential and deliver top performance day-in, day-out.
- Multimillion pound Denco system ensures the data centre climate is monitored and adjusted to perfection at all times
- Top of the line air conditioning units
- Humidity analysers and accurate temperature monitors
- Fire suppression equipment – if the worst should happen, FM-200 gas is discharged within just two seconds to suppress the affected area
Uninterruptible power supply
Our data centres use the most advanced APC X UPS system available, providing uninterruptible power to all servers. In the case of a power outage, the power supply is switched instantly (with absolutely no interruption) to a diesel generator capable of powering the data centres for 30 days.
In addition to our sophisticated monitoring systems, we have a team of expert engineers monitoring the data centres 24 hours a day. This ensures that any potential issues with the platform are corrected before they can even happen.